So much to learn, so little time.
Since are an employee of IU8, you have access to IU8's JoltEDU micro-courses. JoltEDU provides short, self-directed courses about specific instructional topics. Choose the topics that interest you most, complete a course in an hour or less, and get some ready-to-use resources along the way. New micro-courses are released regularly, so check back often!
Is there a cost?
Yes and no. Micro-courses do have a small enrollment fee. However, IU8 staff can use a coupon code at checkout to get a 100% discount on JoltEDU courses.
How do I get started?
- In the top bar, click LOGIN.
- Enter your school email address.
- Enter your JoltEDU password.
NOTE: If you don't know your password, click the FORGOT PASSWORD link to reset it. If you do not already have a JoltEDU account, click the SIGNUP link to create one. Be sure to use your IU8 email address.
How do I get my coupon code?
- When logged into JoltEDU, click the MORE link in the upper navigation bar.
- Select COUPON CODE from the drop-down menu to view your coupon code.
NOTE: Under the MORE link, you will also find the link for your school’s full course catalog.
How do I access micro-courses?
- Once logged in, you will see your dashboard and any courses you are already enrolled in.
- Click the “Course Catalog” link to find a course to take.
- Click the course title to see details, then click the GET THIS COURSE BUTTON.
- In the checkout window, click GOT A COUPON and enter your school's coupon code
- Click VALIDATE to verify the discount and the CHECKOUT button to finalize the discount. The course will be added to your dashboard.
NOTE: IU8 will report one hour of Act 48 for each course you complete. IU8 submits Act 48 to PDE each month for any courses completed in the previous month.
If you have any questions, please contact Christine Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click here to download a copy of these instructions.